The following main prizes may be awarded to the six finalists:
1st Prize / the City of Ljubljana Prize: 30,000 EUR
2nd Prize / the Ljubljana Festival Prize: 20,000 EUR
3rd Prize: 10,000 EUR
4th Prize: 5,000 EUR
5th Prize: 3,000 EUR
6th Prize: 2,000 EUR
Special diplomas may also be awarded for the following best performances:
- Best performance of a Baroque work: 500 EUR
- Best performance of a Classical Sonata: 500 EUR
- Best performance of a Romantic work: 500 EUR
- Best performance of a 20th Century work: 500 EUR
- Best performance of a 21st Century work: 500 EUR
- Best performance of a work by a Slovenian composer: 500 EUR
- The youngest finalist in the Competition: 500 EUR
- The highest ranked pianist representing Slovenia: 500 EUR
H. E. dr. Krzysztof Olendzki, Ambassador of the Republic of Poland to Slovenia will award a special diploma for the best performance of a work by Fryderyk Chopin. The prize winner will receive a five day study trip to Poland, which will be organised by the Embassy of Poland in Slovenia in collaboration with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Poland and the National Institute of Fryderyk Chopin in Warsaw.
During the stay the winner will have the opportunity to visit the National Institute of Fryderyk Chopin in Warsaw, perform their own piano concert, visit the composer’s birth place in Żelazowa Wola and to meet piano professors from the Fryderyk Chopin University of Music and / or Music Academy of Feliks Nowowiejski in Bydgoszcz.
The Organiser is in the process of negotiating a number of major recital and orchestra engagements for the three top prize-winners of the 2023 Competition to be performed within the two-year period following Competition.
- The winner of the 1st Ljubljana Festival International Piano Competition will perform on the 72nd Ljubljana Festival and Emilia Romagna Festival 2024
- The winner of the 1st Ljubljana Festival International Piano Competition will also perform in recital with the first prize winner of 2023 Elmar Oliveira International Violin Competition in Ljubljana, Cremona and Floridain the Summer of 2024