- Sonya Yoncheva is a bulgarian soprano who has enjoyed a meteoric rise to operatic stardom
- Yoncheva is a former winner of the Operalia competition for young opera singers founded by Plácido Domingo
- Her stunning performances in Verdi’s La traviata have led critics to proclaim her the finest Violetta since Maria Callas
- She is a regular guest at the Metropolitan Opera and many of the world’s most important opera houses
- The soprano, who is also known for her charitable activities, will be joined at this concert by the tenor Branko Robinšak, a principal of the SNG Opera Ljubljana and a Prešeren Fund Prize winner
During presale, from 28th April till 28th May, members of Ljubljana Festival Club have a 20% discount and 10% discount in regular sale on ticket purchase. You can become a member here.
Soprano Sonya Yoncheva and tenor Branko Robinšak perform a selection of opera arias with the SNG Opera and ballet Ljubljana Orchestra under venezuelan conductor Domingo Hindoyan. This is Bulgarian soprano Sonya Yoncheva’s first visit to Slovenia. Following a series of spectacular debuts at the world’s leading opera houses, she is today one of the most sought-after singers of her generation, internationally acclaimed for performances in some of opera’s most iconic roles. The winner of numerous music competitions, including Plácido Domingo’s Operalia in 2010, she made her debut with the Berlin Philharmonic under Zubin Mehta the year before last. The possessor of a thrilling voice, she is also known for her charitable activities. Last year, for example, she teamed up with Swiss luxury watchmaker Rolex for a series of concert events designed to raise money for musicians affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Tenor Branko Robinšak, a principal of the Slovene National Theatre Opera and Ballet Ljubljana, has enjoyed a rich career marked by numerous notable concert performances and operatic roles and appearances in opera houses and concert halls around the world. In 2011 he received a Prešeren Fund Prize in recognition of his work.
We would like to inform all visitors that, in keeping with the Ordinance amending the Ordinance on the temporary restriction of provision of cultural services to final users in the Republic of Slovenia (Uradni list RS, no. 73/2021), public cultural events can only be attended by final users who meet the criteria defined by the Ordinance. More information here.